Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Barry Ritholtz's Political Wisdom

One of my favorite blogs dealing with the stock market and the economy is The Big Picture by Barry Ritholtz. I just started reading his book, Bailout Nation.

Ritholtz describes his political stance as “Pragmatic Independent,” and his justification for declining to align with either party makes a great deal of sense to me. Of the Republicans he says, “I usually tell them that I find much of their ideology intellectually indefensible, and their marriage to the religious right offensive.” Of the Democrats he says, “they seem to not understand how the economy works, are too spineless to get anything done, and are way too politically correct for my tastes.” He goes on: “We have a Congress that is a Parliament of Whores of who sold themselves to the highest corporate bidder. Why do I want to have any affiliation with either group?”

I feel much the same way.

1 comment:

  1. Parliament of Whores is the name of my new techno-punk band.

    ReplyDelete